Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
15 October, 2017
In Despot Dungeons you play as a disenfranchised frog, looking to dethrone the Despot, after being rejected and thrown in the sewers. The game consists of a series of rooms, which are filled to the brim with enemies, puzzles and bosses. You'll get to explore 3 distinct areas, each with new mechanics and enemies.
The game started as a part of the 1 Game A Month challenge, but after failing to meet the deadline it became a bigger project.
- 1 bit b&w color scheme.
- Multiple environments, enemies and bosses!
- An original soundtrack with 6 tracks!
Logo & Icon
- "Puzzle fanatics will get a kick out of Despot Dungeons' clever gameplay, roguelike style combat, and nostalgic theme."
- Craig Forshey, Super Game Droid
- "Play Despot Dungeons, a 1-Bit Roguelike Puzzler For Free"
- Sean Braganza, Higher Eclectic Ground
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Available for free here soundcloud.com.
Available for free here youtube.com.
Original Soundtrack Download
Available for download here jmdamigamusic.bandcamp.com.
The post mortem of Despot Dungeons realfast.dk.
Gamasutra press release gamasutra.com.
About Real Fast
Real Fast is a one-man operation run by me, Hjalte Tagmose. I love making video games.
More information on Real Fast, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Despot Dungeons Credits
Music & Audio, Freelancer
Simone Bernacchia's Manager